Lionel Messi was jeered by Paris Saint-Germain supporters on Sunday amid speculation he will return to former club Barcelona.
Lionel Messi appeared set to re-sign with Paris Saint-Germain late last year, but the situation has changed.
There have been reports that the Argentinian World Cup winner is unhappy at PSG, with links to an MLS move.
Messi is contracted until the end of this season and had initially agreed to a one-year extension to stay in the French capital.
TOP STORY – MESSI AND PSG RELATIONSHIP IRREPARABLE
L’Equipe claims Messi’s relationship with PSG irreparable and he is all but certain to exit at the end of this season, with a return to Barcelona appearing increasingly likely.
Messi spent more than 20 years at Camp Nou, before Barca’s financial challenges led to his departure for PSG in August 2021, with the club keen to welcome him back.
The 35-year-old was jeered by PSG fans during Sunday’s 1-0 home loss to Lyon amid speculation of his departure.
– The Athletic reports signing Tottenham forward Harry Kane is Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag’s “absolute priority” in the off-season. Kane is out of contract with Spurs in 2024.
– The Sun claims United are strongly considering selling under-performing winger Jadon Sancho in the off-season, with a view to using the sum generated to purchase their next forward.
– United have also held exploratory talks with Bayern Munich defender Benjamin Pavard, per The Athletic.
– Real Madrid have been linked with Chelsea’s Reece James and Football Insider claims they are willing to pay £90m (£102.5m) for his services, with 31-year-old right-back Dani Carvajal struggling with injuries.
– Arsenal are plotting a move for Aston Villa striker Ollie Watkins during the next transfer window, according to Fichajes.
– Talksport claims Graham Potter has declined the opportunity to become Leicester City ‘s new manager, with The Mail reporting that he will wait until the off-season before taking on a new role.