The fifth round draw for the 2022/23 FA Cup draw has been made. Manchester United will welcome West Ham to Old Trafford, while Premier League champions Manchester City travel to Bristol City.
Tottenham will make the trip to either Wrexham or Sheffield United – the two sides will meet at Bramall Lane for a replay after a thrilling draw in Wales at the weekend.
We’ve already seen some huge teams eliminated from the competition this season, with Premier League leaders Arsenal the notable high-profile exit in round four.
Liverpool suffered their second defeat at Brighton in three weeks as their miserable season rumbled on, while Chelsea and Newcastle United were eliminated in the third round.
That means at least one team from outside the top flight’s ‘big six’ will reach the semi-finals at Wembley this campaign.
FA Cup fifth round draw
- Southampton vs Luton Town/Grimsby Town
- Leicester City vs Blackburn Rovers/Birmingham City
- Stoke City vs Brighton & Hove Albion
- Wrexham/Sheffield United vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Fulham/Sunderland vs Leeds United
- Bristol City vs Manchester City
- Manchester United vs West Ham United
- Ipswich Town/Burnley vs Sheffield Wednesday/Fleetwood Town
When is the 2022/23 FA Cup fifth round?
Fifth round ties will commence on Wednesday, March 1 – the first time a fifth round has been held in a midweek. This is due to the fixture crunch caused by the mid-season World Cup.